Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Dragon Slayer

Back in 2008, I drew the sketch below.

I never forgot it since it vividly struck an image in my brain. Of course as with everything else, it was pushed back into my obscure memory until I had uncovered that sketch under a big pile of papers. So again I was re-inspired and drew the second sketch in 2009 but it fizzled out...

Since trying to get back to drawing I remembered this one piece and has been on my to-do list for several reasons. I plan to draw it out on 11 x 17 and practice coloring it digitally. It is time to tackle my fears of drawing an entire page/story on a large format. I get overwhelmed with what angle, which perspective, and oh God, what background to draw that it freaks me out so much and I don't think I can see it through. That's just silly so time to grow some balls and just DRAW the damn thing!




3 comments:

  1. Just draw, dammit!!! lol. Seriously though, it's great to see you posting more again. I like all the new work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's neat to see how much you've grown in your drawing in the past couple of years.

    Go for that large page size! Show it who's boss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah Rich, before I start getting too outta control, I have to finish some of these looming projects.

    And thanks Em, I have done the rough sketches on it. Hopefully I can finish it up for our next meeting.

    ReplyDelete