Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Year is Twenty Ten...

For the first post I find it fitting to talk about my past, my present, and where I would like to be in the future.

Ever since I was about 5 years old, I have always grabbed paper and pencil and doodled my ideas onto it. I was somewhat of a loner, kept to myself most of the time and would shut myself in my room drawing and losing track of time. I poured all my time into it but I was shutting myself from the rest of the world.

Fast forward to my college years where I did the most growth, where I discovered who I was and finally learned to accept it and finally let people in. I became more social, I realized that I was able to let myself go and have fun with others.

And now we are here. Having graduated with a degree in graphic design and having a full time job along with a pretty large social life, I have neglected the one thing that has stuck with me since childhood. I definitely don't want to loose it. I have looked back at my drawings from 10 and 5 years ago and I am always amazed at the amount of creativity I had back than which now I seem to have none. Hopefully this doesn't mean that I have lost it kinda how Peter Pan loses his charm if he were to become an "adult".

So my hope is to rediscover and ignite the passion I once had long ago. And hopefully this blog will help serve as motivation for me to reach that goal. So far in this year I have drawn 6 drawings and it's already March...Time to get the ball rolling and so here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment